IruMoto .:. quick overview
Hi and welcome.
- the IruMoto Script Factory is located on the island of Arius on the DigiWorldz grid.
- code is written by Xay Tomsen (in-world) a.k.a. Andrew Thompson (real world).
- founded on the InWorldz grid 2013.
- IruMoto is an acronym of "Irukandji Motor Company".
- IruMoto makes scripts for cars, boats, NPCs (bots), furniture, time manipulation, animals, plants, club systems, HUDs, animation engines, sound effects, avatar clothing, avatar body parts, and lighting.
- Household name products powered by IruMoto scripts include Bianci animation engines, the PUMP Cock & HUD, TimeGen Time Generator, Phase club equipment, and all vehicles in the Tamita Motors lineup.
If you'd like to know more about the IruMoto story, you can find the full ramble further down the page.
Info & Manuals .:. IruMoto Scripted Products
Two years in the making, the Phase Podium Dancer is an extremely powerful and comprehensive NPC management unit specifically designed for clubs and party venues. Visit the Phase Podium Dancer page for full info.
Forget only having 12 time periods a day. The amazing TimeGen manipulates time into 498 time periods every single day, letting you turn your region into a thing of constant motion and excitement only limited by your imagination. Forget your ancient llSunDirection calls - the TimeGen is a huge lag-saver, replacing every time-sensitive script in your virtual world. Visit the TimeGen page for full info.
IruMoto .:. the full story
I began writing scripts in 2007 during my early years in Second Life.
However, given the proliferation of scripters in SL at the time, I found it a better use of my time to pay others to write scripts for me while I instead concentrated on selling land on my continent, Irukandji.
Some years later, I moved to the InWorldz grid, and found the opposite. Very few people were writing the scripts that I had previously taken for granted. Additionally, a lot of the scripts that I brought with me weren't compatible on the new grid, so I had to start writing my own.
I have a particular fascination with vehicles in virtual worlds; cars and boats etc, and not being able to use them in IW due to coding conflicts was particularly frustrating. So, I began chipping away at solving the script shortage.
I set up a workshop beside my fledgling car yard, Tamita Motors.
I gave the workshop a separate name, Irukandji Motor Company, as I one day planned to sell my scripts to other vehicle manufacturers. Over time, that became abbreviated to IruMoto, and just as the name morphed, so too did my range of scripted objects.
InWorldz and Second Life are long behind me now as I begin my new journey on the DigiWorldz grid, and my focus is on creating effective scripts for OpenSimulator based virtual worlds.
Currently, my main stores selling IruMoto products, are:
- Bianci ~ household furniture & animations, and animation engines;
- Phase ~ club equipment & NPC systems (bot rezzers);
- Tamita Motors ~ cars, boats & aircraft;
- PUMP ~ scripted avatar body parts.
If you would like to visit my shops, you will find them on my sim, Arius on the DigiWorldz grid.
In the directory below and the pages that link from here, I plan to build a library of scripts, guides, and support pages for my various scripted objects.
I hope you find some useful scripts and information.
Xay Tomsen a.k.a. Andrew Thompson