Disspelling the Myths of Men's Sex & Sexuality
There's a common fear amongst men when they enquire about coming in for a Brazilian Waxing treatment.
They're worried that the therapist will judge them, or worse, laugh at the ridiculously pitiful size of their appendage.
This is totally understandable. But please, don't fear that. Your therapist definitely will not judge you - at my stores at least.
We see boys' bits all day, every day.
In any case, we're only here to remove your hair, not give you a scorecard or rate you on a 'rootability' scale.
Wherever you go, if a therapist is comfortable talking about the subject, and they're not going to make you hold your own bits during treatment (dangerous), you'll be fine.
Just accept that you're going to get a treatment, then take you're mind to a happy place. Forget it, let it happen.
With all the hype about penis enlargements, erectile dysfunction, and premature ejaculation, it's no wonder that guys today are the most sexually insecure that they have ever been.
I know when it started happening too. It was a slow insidious seeping of American culture way back in the late 80s - Baywatch etc - that led to the demise of the budgie smuggler. I'm not joking. In the old days, we were a lot more sexually self confident.
I've written a full article on this topic, Real Men Aren't Scared of Their Balls, which I suggest you read if you are sexually insecure (which you are if you're reading this page).
Moving on, in order to help younger guys (and all guys really) cut through the current wave of sexually repressive tele-hype, here are some quick facts that I've gleaned from years and years and years of removing hair from men's jiggly bits, and chattering away as I do so.
- Average length unaroused (summer): - 2-3 inches (50-75mm) base to tip;
- Average length unaroused (winter): - 1.5-2 inches (35-50mm) base to tip;
- Diameter unaroused: Curl your index finger around your penis. Your nail should fit snugly in the first knuckle of your thumb.
- Average length erect (standing): - 5-6.5 inches (125-160mm) base to tip;
- Average length erect (laying on back): - 9-11 inches (225-275mm) anus to tip.
- Approximately one man in two hundred has an erect length of 8 inches or more while standing, and most women find any more than this length painful.
- Thickness at the base of the penis shaft provides the most stimulation to women, not length.
- More length during gay sex can be advantageous as the tip stimulates the prostate, but opinion on how much is too much is divided.
- The penis has no bone. It is comprised of three cylindric tubes that fill with blood. Hence, there is no correlation between the size of an unaroused penis and an aroused penis. Some men with large penises on the slack may grow very little when hard, while guys with small penises on the slack may grow enormously.
- It is common for one testicle to be slightly smaller, and for one to hang lower;
- It is common for an aroused penis to sometimes be bent, and other times not;
- It is common to see your first grey pubic hair during your twenties;
- It is normal for the skin of the scrotum and penis to be darker;
- In cold weather, it is natural for testicles to rise up into the body;
- In very cold weather, it is common for the penis to shrink remarkably;
- Young men commonly begin entering puberty at around 12 to 14 years, however some may commence significantly younger or older;
- The age at which one begins puberty does not necessarily correlate to genital size, or overall body shape and build. When youths begin puberty late, they often grow much quicker than their earlier blooming contemporaries. It generally balances out in the end.
- The most erogenous parts downstairs are the circumference at the very base of the penis, the underside of the shaft, the underside of the glans (knob); the perineum (the area between scrotum and anus); the skin immediately surrounding the anus, and internally, the prostate.
- Male genitalia is meant to be creased and wrinkly. This enables it to stretch. If creases become cracked, a lotion such as Eulactol Hand Cream is quite good. To make their package appear smoother, some men opt for a Hyperbaric Oxygen Infusion from time to time.
- Asian men often have smaller packages than caucasians but not always;
- Dark-skinned men only sometimes have larger-than-average members;
- Men experience three significant hair growth phases as dormant hair cells come to life; the first during puberty, then another in their mid-twenties, then again in their mid-thirties. By age forty, the vast majority of dormant hair cells will be active.
- The average male scrotum can stretch around an apple;
- During puberty, the average testicle is not much bigger than a marble. During this time, the scrotum can seem overly big compared to its contents, however the girth of the testes continues to increase well after puberty, and by mid 20s can range from the size of a Malteser to a large hen's egg;
- There is no correlation between testicle size and penis size. Men with very large testes may have a small penis, and vice versa;
- Preference of cut (circumcised) versus uncut seems equally divided. Lovers are more worried about hygiene, which is more of an issue for uncut guys. Take the time when bathing to clean properly.
- During puberty, it is common for a male erection to stand quite perpendicular, and towards the end of puberty, the angle drops. In fully matured men, an erection usually sits at a right angle to the body or mildly perpendicular;
- In present times, circumcised versus uncircumcised is about 50/50. For guys born in the 80s and 90s, uncircumcised was more common; for guys born before the 1980s, circumcised was more common;
- It is true that penis and testicle size shrink with the use of anabolic steroids, and the difference is dramatic. I have seen grown men on steroids with willies and scrotums like those of a newborn baby;
- An ejaculation contains around 5-10ml of fluid;
- Penis pumps do not make your shaft grow bigger. They can and do cause damage;
- After a vasectomy, the testicles will often sit higher or lower than they used to, perhaps due to the cutting or tying off of the vas deferens. It is of cosmetic interest only, and chances are that no one but the owner would be aware of the difference;
IMPROVING YOUR SEX LIFE
The vast majority of what you read on the subject of penis size, erectile dysfunction and so forth - written by supposed experts (they are always doctors or professors) - is hype. These people have something to sell. They want to make you feel bad about yourself so you pay good money to fix the often non-existent problem. Here is my collection of tips you might like to try.
- First and foremost, if you are in a relationship, and your sexual needs do not match those of your partner, discuss it with them. Don't leave them guessing or insult them by having an affair. Lack of communication and infidelity are the top relationship killers.
- If you are prone to premature ejaculation, try:
- masturbating an hour or two before sex to ease the back pressure, so to speak;
- wear a condom, or an extra condom if you already wear one;
- spend more time helping your partner approach climax before penetrating them;
- have a mental image in reserve - such as your mother-in-law naked - that you can draw on to dull your excitement if you get worked up too quickly.
- If you are uncomfortable with your genitalia, face up to it. Become familiar with it. Touch it, experience each sensation and don't despise it. It is part of your anatomy. It is part of you.
- Masturbation cleans your plumbing. Unless you have a weak heart, you cannot do it too much.
You will find additional topics on health, fitness, and beauty in the Human Sciences section.
If you have any further questions, please call on 07 4926 7778 or use the online contact form.
Have a brilliant day,